ROCK STAR University
Dog training / boot camp
Rock Star University (RSU) is training for your pet while you work! All classes are run by an approved and skilled trainer.
Training is one-on-one direct training with your dog, play time and rest time. All of this will be split up throughout the day. This is more tiring than just daycare, as your dog is using both mental and physical energy. All of our RSU training classes prepare you for Canine Good Citizen (CGC) testing and certification, so your dog can *certifiably* be the best pup around!
For those who don't know, the CGC Program was designed by the American Kennel Club to encourage dog owners to teach their dog good manners, promoting responsible pet ownership - something we can all get behind! The CGC test trains your dog to be well-behaved and calm in any situation that might arise. This certification is recognized as the gold-standard in canine obedience.
Preschool - 3 classes - $225
- Preschool involves learning the many basic cues that will serve as a solid foundation for your puppy's development, which also includes special handling and play training.
Kindergarten - 6 classes - $450
- Kindergarten builds on the skills your pup learned in preschool while adding more advanced skills along the way - including a deeper dive into honing manners and impulses.
* Graduation from Preschool and Kindergarten allows clients to register their dog for Canine Good Citizen S.T.A.R certification. ($25 testing fee)
Elementary School - 8 classes - $600
- Elementary School introduces even more advanced skills beyond the Kindergarten level, including grooming, handling and exposure to both novel items and new places.
Middle School - 8 classes - $600
- Middle School increases all of the cues already learned in the previous levels, leading to a level of proficiency which allows your dog to behave in various high distraction-level and long distance situations.
High School - 4 classes - $300
- High School is held with you (owner), ensuring that you are able to work hand-in-paw with your pup to follow all the requirements for a Canine Good Citizen certification. There is an evaluation after all four classes are completed. They grow up so fast! ($25 testing fee)
RSU isn't a cakewalk; there is a lot of work and growth involved, but mixed with fun times, tail wags and smiling fur (and human!) faces! Woof!
Every parent looks forward to their child's graduation day - and with a "degree" from RSU, your pup is going to go far in life - Rock on! Woof!