How to start a Facebook Fundraising Event
Starting a Facebook Fundraising Event is easy! You may have even done it before with a birthday fundraiser for a cause you care about.
We are here to help you start one for Motley Zoo!
1. On your feed, click "Fundraisers" in the menu on the left.
2. Click the green, "Raise Money" button on the left.
3. A window pops up and asks who you are raising money for. Click "Nonprofit."
4. Type in and select Motley Zoo Animal Rescue.
5. Choose a goal amount (we suggest $500) and an end date.
6. Pre-written text will come up, that anyone can use- however, we highly suggest TELLING YOUR STORY. Why are you here, working with us? What animal, past or present, inspires you to give-?
It is YOUR story that your friends will give for - not the mission.
7. Click "Create" and your fundraiser will begin.
8. You will automatically be asked to share this with your friends list. SHARE WITH EACH ONE- EVERY SINGLE ONE using this feature. Do not skip this step.
This is a proven way to be successful, allowing your friends to "have" it and review it in their own time- while your wall posts will remind them they wanted to give!
If you question this step - you're scared to ask everyone, or think they will get mad, please click here for the reality.
Don't think the worst of your friends, not make decisions for them about what they will give to! They want to support YOU. Let them...because the only way they won't is if you don't ask.